Thursday, August 23, 2007

Reality Strikes Back


Guess there's no way around it...I actually have to put in a full day at work today. Not that work and oh, I don't know, having an income are bad things...they just get in the way of fishing sometimes.

Truth be told, I'm kind of glad for the break. If you want to know what the phrase "Familiarity Breeds Contempt" really means, go fish the same creek for a week or two, get on a first-name basis with a few of your finny friends, know where all the funky gear-eaters are, name individual rocks...it gets a little stale.

A wise man by the name of Bacon_To_Fry once wrote a blurb about "forcing it". Good stuff, really...he captures what it feels like to zone out, just not on the right thing. Playin' the Game but wondering what the traffic will be like on the way back or something similar turns into just going through the motions.

And just goin' through the motions seems a little disrespectful to both the fish AND the Game.

So.

Gonna tie some new leaders tonight, reaquaint myself with this woman who lives at my house and insists she's my Wife, and Get into the scenery shift.

Tomorrow I'm goin' Fishin'.

No comments: